[rt-users] How to Mark Messages as Read in RT4?

Tom Wardrop tom at tomwardrop.com
Sun Sep 9 22:12:27 EDT 2012

In Request Tracker 3.8.2 that we recently upgraded from (to 4.0.6), you mark
a message as read by either clicking the "New" link next to the ticket, or
by clicking at link at the top of the ticket history which read something
like "Mark all messages as read". In RT 4.0.6, neither of this is possible,
and it seems the only way to mark a ticket as read is to reply to it, which
is just silly because you reading a ticket and replying to a ticket are two
very different things.

Our IT department is finding this to be quite frustrating as their workflow
made heavy use of the read/unread status of tickets which now seems to be
broken in 4.0.6. Am I missing something here? Is there any way to mark a
ticket as read without replying to it?

Thanks,
Tom