[rt-users] started dates in RT 3.8

Tobias Ramin tobias.ramin at rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Sep 11 13:41:01 EDT 2012

Zitat von Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>:

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 02:54:38PM +0200, Tobias Ramin wrote:
>> New tickets don't have values for started set. This is as expected,
>> but it should be set, when a comment is made or an answer is sent.
>> When a new ticket is replied, the started date is not set. Even
>> after commenting the ticket afterwards, the date is not set.
>> When a different new ticket is commented, the started date is set
>> correctly.
>> This still happens in RT 3.8.13.
>
> Started is set when a ticket transitions from an initial state to
> an active or inactive state.  The most common of these would be new ->
> open.  I suspect you're running into the case that a Reply triggers
> the On Correspon Open Tickets Scrip which transitions the ticket from
> new to open, setting Started.  A Comment does not trigger this scrip,
> does not change the status and thus does not set Started.
>
> You could add a scrip for On Comment Open Tickets, but be aware of the
> other behavior that'll add (a comment will flip a ticket from resolved
> or stalled to open, whereas before it wouldn't).
>
> -kevin

Thank you Kevin,

i didn't suspect a link between setting Started and the scrips.
Our problem was actualy the other way around, Started was set on
comment, but not on correspond. After playing with the scrip, i could
resolve the issue by selecting the stage transaction batch for the
global scrip "On correspond open ticket".

Best regards,

Tobi