[rt-users] RT customization advice and/or quote requested

Hans Vos | Drecomm h.vos at drecomm.nl
Wed Sep 12 06:01:00 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have received a few replies of list but so far no solution. I have
been thinking about the problem I thought about a solution that might be
a lot easier to implement.

I have already sent an e-mail to Best Practical for a quote but I would
like to extend the same offer to all participants on the list. Here are
the requirements.

As mentioned we need to to link RT to our project management system. In
this system we have tickets called help desk items (HDI).

We would like RT to create a new HDI when a new ticket is created in RT
(for specified queues). The ID of the HDI must be set in a normal custom
field for a ticket.

I have looked into this and I think this can be done by making a custom
template with some Perl scripting with the following functionality.

 1. A user (requestor) in RT has a custom field called "CompanyID". This
    is the unique identifier for a customer in project management system.
 2. We want to have a custom script with a custom template that gets
    triggered using the "On Create" event of a ticket. The template must
    do the following:
     1. Fetch the CompanyID of the requestor that is assigned to a
        ticket. If it is not available exit the template.
     2. Insert a new record in an external MySQL database. This query
        will use the CompanyID of the requestor and the subject and body
        of a ticket.
     3. Retrieve the insert ID of the MySQL query and assign the value
        of that ID to a custom field of the ticket.

That is it. Now we should have a link to the HDI on the display page of
a ticket which is exactly what we need.

We must be able to assign this custom template to a queue (not global)
but I believe this functionality is already available in RT.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Hans Vos

System Administrator

E h.vos at drecomm.nl

T 050-577 5822

	drecomm

  Vestiging Groningen

Hoendiep 208 	T +31 (0)50 577 58 22 	Bekijk onze actuele projecten
9745 ED Groningen 	F +31 (0)50 577 58 23 	www.drecomm.nl
<http://www.drecomm.nl>