[rt-users] sendmail error (exited with code 75) - RHEL6

Raphaël Berlamont raphael.berlamont at raphux.com
Wed Sep 12 10:05:13 EDT 2012

2012/9/7 Raphaël Berlamont <raphael.berlamont at raphux.com>

> 2012/9/6 Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com>
> Here is what you asked :
> =================================
> [root at dgilx202 ~]# apachectl -V
> Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)
> Server built:   Feb  7 2012 09:50:11
> Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:24
> Server loaded:  APR 1.3.9, APR-Util 1.3.9
> Compiled using: APR 1.3.9, APR-Util 1.3.9
> Architecture:   64-bit
> Server MPM:     Prefork
>   threaded:     no
>     forked:     yes (variable process count)
> Server compiled with....
>  -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
>  -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
>  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
>  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
>  -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
>  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
>  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
>  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
>  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
>  -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
>  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
>  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
>  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="run/httpd.pid"
>  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
>  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
>  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
>  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
>  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
> [root at dgilx202 ~]#
> =================================

Issue still running, and I don't have an idea where to look at...

To refresh your memory : sometime, RT can't send any mail piped into
sendmail binary. To make it working again, I have to restart apache. It
work for a few minutes, then stop working again.

To make this bad behavior almost unnoticeable by the user, I've set a cron
that restart apache every five minutes, but of course, this is not a final
solution...

For now, I changed the "MailCommand" to "smtp", and it works. I hope there
is no limitation using this method instead of "sendmailpipe".

Good day!
--
Raphaël Berlamont