[rt-users] Articles, Classes and Article Names.

Glenn E. Sieb gsieb at efashionsolutions.com
Mon Sep 17 12:26:27 EDT 2012

So we have a large setup here. (Well, for me, anyway.)

I have 86 queues. 45 of them have Article Classes set up for them. The
Classes are *only* for the queues in which they apply to.

These Classes have Topics in them.

The Topics all were able to have duplicate names. So, say, in the CS-1
(Customer Service queue for a particular client) Class we have Topics
like Shipping, Authorization, Templates, and Updates. In the CS-2 Class
we have the same breakdown.

Now, in CS-1, we create an Article called "No Authorization." It's
saved. It's part of the Topic "Authorization" in the CS-1 Class.

Now in CS-2, we create an Article called "No Authorization." It's unable
to be saved, even though it's part of the CS-2 class, it insists that
there is already an article called "No Authorization."

Why can I create Topics of the same name, in different Classes, but not
Articles? :-/

We're currently getting around this by naming them "CS-1 No
Authorization" and such, but that's a kludge, IMO.

We're running 4.0.5 on CentOS.

Is this something addressed in 4.0.6+?

Thanks in advance,
--Glenn