[rt-users] Installing RT via Puppet

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 04:51:03 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 04:12:24AM +0100, Mister Guru wrote:
> Thanks Jason for your input - I'm currently trying to get hold of the
> ubuntu package maintainer for RT. I'm currently wading through
> launchpad, trying to find who to kick to get this moving - I've
> dropped a line to the ubuntu users list, so hopefully I'll get some
> assistance with this soon.

There isn't one. request-tracker3.8 (and request-tracker4) in later
releases isn't in Ubuntu main, only in Ubuntu universe. This means that
support in stable releases is someone limited (I think Ubuntu call it
"Community maintained" meaning.. it's up you).

(I'm the principle maintainer of the packages in Debian, which is
effectively Ubuntu's upstream in this regards).

The best way to get the Ubuntu packages updated with those security fixes
is by testing the patches on the bug report Thomas mentioned.

I notice you asked about RT4 on ubuntu-users; packages for RT4 are
already available in later releases of Ubuntu:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=request-tracker4&searchon=sourcenames&suite=all&section=all

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford