[rt-users] Close queue.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Sep 26 09:53:53 EDT 2012

 Le 26/09/2012 ? 14:42:25+0100, Tim Cutts a écrit

> > Hi all.
> >
> > Some service ask me something about RT and I don't known how to do
> > that.
> >
> > The purpose is to have a Ticket system but the system need to be
> > close half the time (in fact more then half).
> >
> > When it's open everything go normal.
> >
> > When it's close we need to send a message back to say «It's close»
> > and no ticket creation.
>
> First of all, I'd question why you'd want to do this.  The whole point
> of a ticket queue is the request can wait until the next day...  of

Yes I known, it's seem very strange at the first time.

> course, I don't know what your business is, so there may be a
> perfectly sensible reason.

Some people manage some recurrent «event». The registration is make by
email. When the event is full of capacity ....or when it's past we like
send back a message to the person to tell him something like : Sorry we're
full. And we don't need a ticket.

Of course we can develop a new web application to do the registration, but
we already use RT for the «ticket system» (real ticket ;-) ), so it very
convenient to use same software.

> Do you want *all* email to do the same thing, including replies to
> tickets which already exist, or just email creating new tickets?
>
> > I see two solutions :
> >
> > 	1/ Deactivate the queue and reconfigure the procmail.
> >
> > 	2/ Change the scrip «On correspond» when it's closing time. Change
> > 	again when it's open
>
> The problem with this approach is that the ticket already exists by
> the time any Scrips are considered, so it's happening too late.

Well the first scrip is the «creation», so if I delete this scrip (ok
that's suck because I need to create the same thing for every other queue)
RT should'nt create a ticket. Am I wrong ?

> > Is there any other solution can avoid this intervention ?
>

> You could possibly make the Template for the email dependent on  the
> time.  The ticket will be created anyway, but you can send appropriate
> messages back if it's out of hours.

So maybe the best solution is through procmail.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

JAS
--