[rt-users] Close queue.

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 26 14:53:22 EDT 2012

On 09/26/2012 06:53 AM, Albert Shih wrote:
>> The problem with this approach is that the ticket already exists by
>> the time any Scrips are considered, so it's happening too late.
>
> Well the first scrip is the «creation», so if I delete this scrip (ok
> that's suck because I need to create the same thing for every other queue)
> RT should'nt create a ticket. Am I wrong ?

The first scrip is "On Create" which is triggered _after_ a ticket is
created.  ALL scrips are run _after_ the actions which trigger them take
place.  The scrips themselves don't create the ticket.

> So maybe the best solution is through procmail.

procmail would work fine.  Tim's solution of accepting the ticket but
automatically marking it rejected by a scrip is good.  A second scrip
can send mail about rejected tickets.

This way you can also manually reject tickets and the same email will go
out.

Accepting the tickets but rejecting them means you also have a sense of
how much demand there is for your events.