[rt-users] group rights do not work

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 27 12:14:13 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:57:55AM -0400, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>    No the mmtest user is not setup as privileged. This is is intentional. Because unless I'm
>    mistaken (and I'll be the first one to admit I might be) a privileged user will see all queues
>    in addition to their own.

You've misunderstood Privileged vs Unprivileged.
Privileged users have access to the full RT UI, Unprivileged users
will always be redirected to the SelfService UI.

Privileged users do not "see everything" in RT.  They see only what
they are assigned rights for (otherwise how could you limit Privileged
staff users to only working in a single Queue).

If you want a user to see RT At a Glance, they must be Privileged.

-kevin