[rt-users] How to link SLAs to customer (requestors) or groups

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 29 14:01:59 EDT 2012

Hans Vos | Drecomm wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I am not very happy with a solution where
> people should send e-mail to different addresses depending on which
> SLA they have. I just want to have our regular support at ... address and
> not support-bronze at ... for example. This is not very customer-friendly.
>
> So, this means that I can live with a solution where we make a group
> for a particular company and a custom field for the SLA of that
> company. Then assign users to that group which are the people we
> communicate with. When a ticket has been created from a requestor in
> that group it must be assigned the correct SLA.
>
> I am not really sure that the SLA plugin does exactly in RT as far as
> I can tell it only assigned the correct due date depending on the SLA.
> Am I correct in this? Does anybody have an idea how we could implement
> the assignment of SLA based on a group and a custom field for that group?

The way I want to tackle this problem is the use Assets. Define an
AssetType SLA and define a couple of SLA attributes such as how fast to
respond to which priority problem and couple that to a script. I need to
work this out but think it will give us a better SLA support then the
plugin currently can give us.

Joop