[rt-users] RT4 and ITIL

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Apr 2 12:24:07 EDT 2013

On 2 Apr 2013, at 16:35, Lisa Tomalty <ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> HI all
>
> If you have used RT4 with ITIL service operations processes (and/or other ITIL processes such as change management), can you send me an email to discuss?

Yes, keep it on list, please - I'm interested in this.

I've had a few ideas (adding another "closed" status beyond "resolved", maintaining separate service request, incident and problem queues with different lifecycles so that incidents can't become problems) and so on.  RTFM is sort of a Known Error Database.  However, RT's Owner model doesn't quite fit with a strict ITIL service desk idea of the ticket owner remaining in the Service Desk, even though the person actually working on resolving the problem might be somewhere else, although you'd conceivably do that with child tickets in other queues.  Alternatively, the ITIL Incident Owner could be the RT Ticket AdminCc, perhaps?

I'd be interested in hearing any discussion people have about it.

Tim