[rt-users] Move web port

Aaron Guise aaron at guise.net.nz
Tue Apr 2 18:33:52 EDT 2013

Yes,

You need to add another LISTEN Directive to httpd.conf. At
the moment it will be a single LISTEN 80. You'd need to add 8080 and
then configure a virtualhost similar to this.

Mind it may need a bit
of tweaking as only bashed that out from memory.

<VirtualHost *:8080>

ServerName www.example.com:8080
 Redirect 301 /
http://www.example.com/
</VirtualHost>

---

REGARDS,

AARON GUISE

aaron at guise.net.nz

On 2013-04-03 11:26, John Buell wrote:

> Right,
except that I've already "released it to the public" with 8080, so I was
just trying to find a quick way to do a redirect. A second VirtualHost
listening on 8080 and serving a single web page with a redirect to 80
would seem to me to be the way to do it, or is there another way?

John Buell

> Systems Administrator
>
> Country Samper LLC

(630) 762-7806

> FROM: Aaron Guise [mailto:aaron at guise.net.nz]

SENT: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:11 PM
> TO: John Buell
> SUBJECT: Re:
[rt-users] Move web port

> Hi John,
>
> The general idea is that
you would configure a virtualhost on apache as per the guides. This
would then be listening on port 80 by default. You would then shutdown
the built in/standalone server you are currently running on port 8080.
This would then mean you can access your RT on port 80 via Apache once
your vhost is setup correctly.

> ---
>
> REGARDS,
>
> AARON
GUISE

wrote:

>> I am using the Plack server, but if I'm reading everything
correctly, I should be disabling *THAT* and modify the Apache config
files to be doing the web service at port 80? Then I could use a
VirtualHost directive in an Apache config file on 8080 that redirects to
80, right?

>> John Buell
>>
>> Systems Administrator
>>
>> Country