[rt-users] RT4 and ITIL

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 4 16:11:45 EDT 2013

On 04/04/2013 02:29 AM, Bart wrote:
> Asset management on it's own is something that we do in a different
> system. However, I've been told that RT will come with a feature called
> "Assets" with version 4.2. Which looks a little like the Articles
> feature a.t.m. This could mean that you could do some asset management
> within RT using that version. Not sure how extensive it will be, we're
> waiting for the first RC for version 4.2 since we'd love to have this in
> RT as well.

To clarify a little: the assets feature you've heard about is being
developed as an RT extension targeted at 4.2.  (It won't work with 4.0.)
 It won't be included in the 4.2 releases themselves, so you'll need to
wait for an assets RC and *then* run it against either git master or the
latest 4.2 RC that exists at the time.