[rt-users] Shredder object plugin not working

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 5 10:07:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 12:23:06PM +0300, Alexander Kucheryuk wrote:
>    Running Centos 6.3 32bit with RT 4.1.0.

I assume you mean 4.0.1

>    When I am trying to use Shredder Objects extension from web GUI I get the following error:
>
>      Shredder couldn't load object. Most probably it's not fatal error. May be you've used
>      Objects plugin and asked to delete object that doesn't exist in the system. If you think
>      that your request was correct and it's problem of the Shredder then you can get full error
>      message from RT log files and send bug report.
>
>    When running this extension from CLI I get the following error:
>
>      [root at centos www]# /usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin 'Objects=Queue,General'
>      SQL dump file is '/var/www/20130405T092111-0001.sql'
>      [Fri Apr  5 09:21:11 2013] [critical]: Loaded object has different id at
>      /usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Shredder.pm line 366. (/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:356)
>      Loaded object has different id at /usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Shredder.pm line 366.

The Object plugin wants an id, not a name.
rt-shredder --plugin 'Objects=Queue,1'
would delete the first Queue.  You can find the id on the Admin Queues
page.

It's throwing an error for you because it tries to compare the 'id'
you fed it (General) to the id it found in the database, and of course
General != 1.  This could be made smarter, but it would be kind of
tricky.

-kevin