[rt-users] REST API and WebExternal Auth

Thomas Misilo misilot at fit.edu
Fri Apr 5 13:09:54 EDT 2013

> On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 07:58:29PM +0000, Thomas  Misilo wrote:
> >    I was wondering if it would be possible to use the REST API and an
> External Auth? I keep
> >    getting redirected, when I try curling a url. Also, I was wondering if
> anyone has created a
> >    page that shows all current open tickets, and all current
> opened/unclaimed tickets?
>
> Is the user who is logging in via REST marked as Privileged in the admin UI?
> If not, they don't have access.  You'll either need to allow Unprivileged users
> access in the config or mark your users Privileged.
>
> But, logging into REST with an RT-Authen-ExternalAuth provided password
> works just fine.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this, other projects have come up that took priority.

I have these following settings in my RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($WebExternalAuth , '1');
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , '1');

And the following in my apache config:

   <Location /rt>

#       Authtype CAS
  Authtype CAS
  require valid-user

       SetHandler modperl
                PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
                PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
     </Location>

So, when I try to go to the rest API, it redirects to CAS, so I cannot use a local account, or at least I cannot figure out how I would be able to. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Tom