[rt-users] Why RT?

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:13:59 EDT 2013

Mark,

I haven't worked with the tools you mentioned, but I can tell you that RT
is designed and written to be very flexible. Rather than design a bunch of
stuff that has to be ripped out or re-worked, Best Practical gives you a
system that acts as a foundation from which you can EASILY add more
functionality as you evolve your processes. As a consultant, I have worked
with many other tools from very large companies like IBM, HP as well as
seen some Enterprise level cloud systems like Daptiv and although RT
doesn't give you the "Enterprise" perspective, it does give you more design
flexibility than any of them as well as one of the best ticketing systems
I've seen. The ability to design different functions and processes for each
individual Queue, as well as permissions on that same level, allows you to
apply multiple approaches and designs to answer your process needs. Do you
remember the TV commercial where the guy is walking thru a Circuit City
store and states "I could have got a better TV, FOR LESS!". Well, that's RT.

Kenn