[rt-users] Problem setting up RT database

Jessica Reuter jessicawriter85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:42:30 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to install RT on Linux, and I got all the dependencies to work,
used make install to install RT, and changed RT_SiteConfig.pm. But, I can't
get the web server set up properly. When I try to set it up by running
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server, I'm told that "RT couldn't connect to the database
where tickets are stored" and "Connect failed access denied for user
'rt_user'@''localhost' using password YES".

Then, the program hangs, and I have control-C out of it.

I changed my root user name and password in RT_SiteConfig.pm and checked my
permissions, but I can't figure out what's going on. If anyone could help
me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!