[rt-users] Using RT library from outside

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 15 11:23:23 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Jean-Christophe Boggio <
rt-users at thefreecat.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am developping a dedicated interface for RT for a few years, accessing
> the DB directly (postgresql only).
>
> I am now rewriting the application completely because we are switching to
> an "assetized" version of RT (AssetTracker module).
>
> For many obvious reasons, I'd now like to do all DB writes via RT's
> library.
>
> I'm developping in embedded perl (Embperl).
>
> I have a few questions :
>
> 1) Is it possible to use RT::* from "outside" ? Is there a documentation
> somewhere with guidelines (like dealing with sessions) or some examples ?
>
> 2) Is it possible to use the plugins library (explicitly AT's functions)
> the same way ?
>
> Thanks for your help,

As far as I know Embperl is an alternative to HTML::Mason that RT itself
uses, so these projects allow you to embed perl code into HTML, XML, txt or
whatever you generate. RT::* API is UI agnostic part that doesn't care
about caller. It's used from mason and command line scripts.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.