[rt-users] [SOLVED] Redirect when no access / no rights?

Patrick G. Stoesser lists at pgs-info.de
Fri Apr 19 12:41:17 EDT 2013

Hello,

this modification works for me: In

RTLOCAL/html/Ticket/Display.html, around line 180,

change

# XXX: we shouldn't block actions here if user has no right to see the
# ticket,
# but we should allow him to see actions he has done
         unless ($TicketObj->CurrentUserHasRight('ShowTicket')) {
         Abort("No permission to view ticket");
         }

# XXX: we shouldn't block actions here if user has no right to see the
# ticket,
# but we should allow him to see actions he has done
         unless ($TicketObj->CurrentUserHasRight('ShowTicket')) {
##### begin mod redirect when no permission ############################
#       Abort("No permission to view ticket");
RT::Interface::Web::Redirect(RT->Config->Get('WebURL').'index.html');
###### end mod redirect when no permission #############################
         }

 From now on, when a user has no right to see a ticket, he will be
immediately redirected to index.html (RT at a glance).

Possible drawback of my solution: The user does not get an explicit
error message ("No permission to view ticket") anymore.
A possible solution could be to give out the error status and redirect
after one or two seconds to index.html.

Kind regards,Patrick