[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.9.3

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 23 08:36:42 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM, saxmad <g.mason at fairfx.com> wrote:

> [Tue Apr 23 09:58:37 2013] [crit]: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
> relation "groupmembers1" already exists at
> /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.
> (/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT.pm:351)
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "groupmembers1" already exists
> at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.

This scrip tries to create an index, but name is in use. We use
tablename+number
for indexes. I suspect you created an index yourself. Easy route is to drop
it:

drop index groupmembers1;

And start upgrade command and enter 3.8.2 as version you're upgrading from.

This case is very simple as schema file for 3.8.3 has only index and
nothing else.
In other cases it may be more complicated, so keep posting.

Other warnings are harmless.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.