[rt-users] Migrating an existing queue RT (only) queue to a new instance of RTIR

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:14:49 EDT 2013

Basically the situation is that there are thousands of tickets (in various
states of new, open, resolved) in an RT queue that has many other queues.
 I want to pull all of the RT tickets out of one particular queue and put
them into a new RTIR instance.

I'm wondering if anyone has any information about migrating *one* existing
RT queue to a new instance of RTIR.  I'd want to change the Queue ID from
whatever it is now to the "Incident Reports" queue in that process.  Would
it be more possible to migrate all the tickets from one RT queue to a new
instance of RT and then add RTIR and then move those tickets into the
Incident Reports queue?  Would that accomplish what I want to do?

I know anything is possible especially with an infinite number of monkeys
but I guess what I'm asking is if it's a worthwhile pursuit or should I not
consider even tackling it this way?

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>