[rt-users] Automating ticket updates via RT::Client::REST

Eli Boaz eboaz at icontrol.com
Fri Apr 26 10:51:26 EDT 2013

Rulan,

Thanks again. I'll look at using a custom field  for now.

Regards,

-Eli

From: Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com<mailto:ruz at bestpractical.com>>
Date: Friday, April 26, 2013 9:18 AM
To: Eli Boaz <eboaz at icontrol.com<mailto:eboaz at icontrol.com>>
Cc: RT User List <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com<mailto:rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Automating ticket updates via RT::Client::REST

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Eli Boaz <eboaz at icontrol.com<mailto:eboaz at icontrol.com>> wrote:
Hi Ruslan,

Thanks, I had actually gotten this part working and my apologies as my email was unclear on this point, but where I had encountered problems was adding a comment without sending an email to the admin_cc list unless I actually delete the admin_cc list before posting the comment. This is something that is possible to do by unchecking the individuals in the admin_cc list of the comment page, if one were to manually login and add a comment to the case.

Can this be done via the REST api? If not then we'll go with an additional custom field, which is something we're trying to keep down to a minimum.

I don't think it's possible to squelch recipients while replying via REST.

Thanks again,

-Eli