[rt-users] Collecting info from child tickets (scrip action)

Tyler Harding tharding at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 29 11:17:05 EDT 2013

I asked about this once and didn't get a response, 2nd (and final) try…

I'm trying to write a script that pokes around in child tickets. My abridged version of it:

my $Children = $self->TicketObj->Members();
while( my $childTicket = $Children->Next ) {
my $childId = $childTicket->TargetObj->id;
# Do some other stuff here....
}
return 1;

However the above only gives me information about the ticket I started in (i.e. $self->TicketObj). For whatever reason, the following work as anticipated:

$self->TicketObj->MemberOf();
$self->TicketObj->DependsOn();
$self->TicketObj->RefersTo();

And these simply cough up the same ticket I started with:

$self->TicketObj->Members();
$self->TicketObj->DependedOnBy();
$self->TicketObj->ReferredToBy();

Any ideas? We're running v4.0.4.