[rt-users] Differentiating while sending notifictions

Robert Wysocki robert.wysocki at unity.pl
Fri Aug 2 03:29:24 EDT 2013

Dnia 2013-08-01, czw o godzinie 12:21 -0400, Kevin Falcone pisze:

> > Our RT web interface is used mainly locally. We have links included in
> > templates, but external users usually don't have credentials to log in
> > into web interface, so links just confuse them.
> > We'd like to split templates so that only those with access get links
> > and others don't.
>
> Unfortunately, RT uses one template to generate all the mail to all
> the Requestors, so you can't solve this with templates.
>
> One way to solve this is having some custom notification actions
> (perhaps with rt-email-group-admin to notify some internal users
> separately from the others).
>
> The only real solution is likely to have some sort of
> Notify Privileged Users vs Notify Unprivileged Users Scrip Actions
> that subclass the Notify action and override which Requestors are
> picked.  It'll be weird because half the Requestors would be notified
> in a clump and then the others would be notified.
> Or to convert RT to sending one email per user.

Few months ago I've implemented something similar - a "role" for traffic
manager. It consists of a per-queue custom field, some local
modifications in Action.pm and custom ScripActions in DB.
I'll probably gonna try to customize it so that we can have the kind of
ScripActions you've mentioned.

In my opinion it would be great to have a easy-to-use mechanism for
creation of custom roles like 'Requestor' od 'AdminCc'.

Regards,
--
Robert Wysocki
administrator systemów linuksowych