[rt-users] Migration Prep

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 2 10:48:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:40:44PM -0700, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
>    I don't remember skipping any errors during make upgrade-database.  Here are the table
>    descriptions you asked for.  As you can see the Classes, Topics, Articles tables do exist.

Do you have logs of the upgrade?

>    Hopefully you will be able to tell what I need to do to my DB to fix this...

Really- you need to do another test upgrade and figure out what fails.
While I can tell you how to fix Users, I wouldn't trust that other
parts of the upgrade didn't fail.

>    mysql> describe ACL;
>    mysql> describe Groups;
>    mysql> describe GroupMembers;
>    mysql> describe CustomFieldValues;
>    mysql> describe Tickets;
>    mysql> describe CustomFields;
>    mysql> describe Queues;
>    mysql> show tables;

These all look correct.  That shows that you at least ran upgrades
through 3.9.7, but the User change for Password that you're missing
was 4.0.0rc4.  Did you stop anywhere or let it run everything through
4.0.16?

You can look at 'show create table sessions' which should be innodb
not myisam and look at your Attributes table, which should have a
LONGBLOB for Content.

While I've seen errors that reset the Password field to the wrong size
on 3.6 -> 4.0 upgrades, those don't apply to a 3.8 -> 4.0 upgrade.

At this point, I'd rerun a database upgrade, paying close attention to
what steps run and watching the screen and the mysql error logs for
errors.

-kevin