[rt-users] Using RTIR - How to send notices to clients who do not respond to Investigations

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 7 10:45:37 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 12:37:57PM -0700, Landon wrote:

>    I think I've got the Condition module worked out. Using two custom fields that update on
>    correspondence (if we update it sets the StaffUpdate to Y and increments a counter). If the
>    customer updates it sets StaffUpdate to N and resets the counter. This in conjunction with the
>    LastUpdated and other fields seems very useful for the condition checking.

Good

>    I've attempted to use RT::Action::Notify briefly and then realized I don't know how to use it
>    because it looks like it calls functions in RT::Action::SendEmail and tries to parse a
>    template but I don't know how to tell it what template to use. When I run it with rt-crontool
>    it basically chokes on the Parse part of RT::Action::SendEmail.

Looking in the documentation for rt-crontool
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/rt-crontool.html#template
should make clear how to use a template

>    Do you know of any functioning examples using Notify and SendEmail?
>    I've been googling but this seems to be a bit of a gray area
>    apparently. I see posts about people asking but no examples of it

It's a grey area because you don't want to use SendEmail directly, as
I believe I said in my previous email.

Either use Notify if you just want to record an Outgoing Email
transaction or use RecordCorrespondence if you want a real reply and
email.

-kevin