[rt-users] public dashboards in RT 4.0.10

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 7 10:48:48 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 04:17:54PM +0000, MacKillip, Scott wrote:
>    I can create the dashboard, and am able to subscribe to it, however the end users (who really
>    need this) are not able to find and thus subscribe to the new dashboard. Additionally, I've
>    not been able to successfully create a dashboard that gets added to the "Home" pull down menu.
>    How is this accomplished?  Once the dashboard is created, do I need to provide it group
>    rights? I have tried creating the dashboard as my regular user and also as my administrator
>    account and have tried to create a dashboard using the provided "root" account. I am obviously
>    missing something, just not sure what!

What kind of dashboards are you creating: My dashboards or a specific
group dashboards?

What kind of users are you trying to give access to the dashboards,
Privileged users or Unprivileged users (users who use SelfService).

The Home pulldown menu is calculated as the first 7 dashboards you
have permission to see (this gets better in 4.2).

>    Are there any administrative tools that would allow me to find out what accounts are
>    subscribed to what dashboards?

Unfortunately no.

>    1.      If you create the dashboard as root user it should have the correct permissions to be
>    viewed by all.

This is incorrect.  If you don't set up proper permissions, creating
it as user won't help.

>    2.      Need to subscribe to the dashboard as a logged in user (that is, I can't log in as me
>    and add a dashboard to someone else's RT account. I can subscribe someone else's email account
>    to get the dashboard, however that would then need to be managed by me in my account on RT)

Subscriptions are managed by the logged in user.
If you sort your permissions out, you'll be able to grant users
access without doing anything else.

-kevin