[rt-users] Using RTIR - How to send notices to clients who do not respond to Investigations

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:55:51 EDT 2013

On 7 August 2013 07:45, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> It's a grey area because you don't want to use SendEmail directly, as
>  I believe I said in my previous email.
>
> Either use Notify if you just want to record an Outgoing Email
> transaction or use RecordCorrespondence if you want a real reply and
> email.

LOL this is not nearly as complicated as I thought it was.  Since I didn't
use the --template parameter on rt-crontool it gave me a warning about
SendEmail not being able to parse a template.  That's what I had difficulty
with.  I wasn't aware of the --template parameter and that made all the
difference.  Works like a charm now.

Basically:
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg '<my SQL
query for outstanding tickets>' --action RT::Action::Notify --action-arg
Requestor --template "No Update Warning" --transaction last

Thanks again Kevin for clarifying the use of RT::Action::Notify and how it
relates to RT::Action::SendEmail.  It works like a charm.

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>