[rt-users] Upgrade: RTFM Article, Content CustomField not displaying

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 21 13:03:36 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 08:54:17AM +0000, Anthony Gladdish wrote:

> Production system: "Tickets" is selected instead and does not display an "RTFM Articles" option. Assigning this "Tickets" option in my test system appears to have no effect.

I'm a little confused how RTFM works on production if you don't see
RTFM Articles as a Custom Field option.

I assume it worked when you set up the system, but then someone broke
something later (Since you mention the FM_CustomFields table I know
you upgraded from a very old RTFM at some point).

You can go look in the Database at the LookupType field to confirm.

Assigning it to Tickets in test would just break.

> Test system: for each CustomField, clicking on the "Applies to" link
> shows a list of unselected objects - RT and my queues. Selecting these
> and submitting, does not display the CF in the Article's page.

It shouldn't show Queues, it'll show classes.

Change it back to RTFM Articles, then click on Applies to and then
assign it to the relevant Classes.

-kevin