[rt-users] Create new ticket when user "replies" to a ticket they are not a requestor on

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 22 11:38:47 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:45:51AM +0100, Andy Batey wrote:
> We don't have permissions enabled for the Everyone group to be able
> to reply to tickets so the email from the third party is bounced
> back with the appropriate error telling them they don't have
> permission to add to the ticket.
> Rather than this we would like RT to create a new ticket which we
> can then link/merge with the existing ticket.
>
> A search has not revealed whether this is possible and, if so, how
> to make this the default behaviour.

Does 'Everyone' have CreateTicket?
If so, you might be able to write some code based on this extension to
do what you want:
https://metacpan.org/source/FALCONE/RT-Extension-RepliesToResolved-0.02/README
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-repliestoresolved

This does require a recent RT4 release to provide the hooks you would
use.

-kevin