[rt-users] When installing Request Tracker It says I'm missing dependencies such as DateTime that are actually installed

Jeremy Mates jmates at uw.edu
Fri Aug 23 12:42:28 EDT 2013

* dporter89 <dporter89 at yahoo.com>
>         DateTime ...MISSING
>                 Can't locate Data/OptList.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
> /root/Downloads/rt-4.0.17) at /usr/local/share/perl5/Class/Load.pm line 8.

Good things to check are whether multiple perl installs have been done
(to avoid the problem of RT using /path/to/{cpan,perl} but the PATH
lists /some/other/{cpan,perl} first), and whether selinux is stabbing
you in the back yet again. I avoid the vendor perl on Redhat or sed
jobs of such, and install a custom perl to /opt/rt, and only use that
for RT, but care must be taken to only use that version. More elaborate
would be to only use /path/to/{cpan,perl}-5.18.1 and otherwise
specifically versioned command names, but that's a few extra steps
during the install of perl.

  ./Configure -des -Dprefix=/opt/rt4 && make test && make install
  /opt/rt4/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell
    (then exit that)

  export PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1
  export PATH=/opt/rt4/bin:$PATH
  env PERL=/opt/rt4/bin/perl ./configure \
   --enable-ssl-mailgate \
   --with-web-handler=fastcgi \
   --with-db-type=Pg \
   --with-web-user=apache --with-web-group=apache --with-rt-group=apache
  make fixdeps

  /opt/rt4/bin/cpan RT::Extension::...

Perlbrew would be another option, or building the custom perl into a
proper software depot, etc, depending on resources available.

--
‮yad sdrawkcab si yadot