[rt-users] Auto-Reply not generated

Michael DiMartino michael at hudsonstreet.us
Fri Aug 23 15:42:22 EDT 2013

Mike

First thanks for your reply,

according the logs the return email address for the auto reply  is present,
but is being blacklisted by the RT system.
How would that happen?

Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT:
<rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-56.88-3-0 at example.com>#012
The incoming message was autogenerated. Not redistributing this message to
unprivileged users based on site configuration.
(/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:790)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: <rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-56.88-3-0 at example.com
>#012mdm100 at gmail.com was blacklisted for outbound mail on this
transaction. Skipping (/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:823)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: <
rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-1718.88-4-0 at example.com>#012 The incoming message
#88/624 - Scrip 3 On Create Autoreply To Requestors
(/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: <rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-56.88-3-0 at example.com>
No recipients found. Not sending.
(/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:352)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: <
rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-1718.88-4-0 at example.com> #88/624 - Scrip 4 On
Create Notify AdminCcs
(/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: <
rt-4.0.5-1563-1377286738-1718.88-4-0 at example.com> No recipients found. Not
sending. (/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:352)
Aug 23 19:38:58 RT01NYC RT: Ticket 88 created in queue 'Cronos' by
mdm100 at gmail.com (/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Ticket.pm:688)

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Mike Coakley <mike.coakley at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi mdm100,
>
> Just to be sure, have you checked how you are forwarding from the first
> address to the other? If that isn't keeping the original sender then that
> is where you are losing the reply mail. RT replies to whatever email
> address it receives. The logs and history should show you exactly where the
> message is going back to (i.e. look at the outbound message in your RT
> history).
>
> If I'm off base. You will need to supply the list a lot more information.
> Like: how your forwarding is setup, what mail mtas are in the chain, how
> you are getting emails into RT, how that setup is configured, logs relevant
> to the issue, and what a ticket history looks like for one that didn't work
> with the raw email source for the replies RT did send.
>
> Mike
>
> On Aug 22, 2013, 3:17 PM, mdm100 wrote:
>
>  When requests to open tickets are sent directly to the RT queues email
> address
> a ticket is created and an Auto-Reply generate and received. ie.... wen
> sent directly to noc at RT-srvr.domain.com
>
> However, when a request to open a ticket is sent to noc at domain.com and
> then
> the email is
> forwarded to noc at RTsrvr.domain.com the ticket is opened/created but no
> auto-reply
> is generated.
>
> Just cannot figure this one out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> --

*
*

*Hudson Street Tech