[rt-users] ExtractCustomFieldValues and CF Select type

elifree elifree at free.fr
Mon Aug 26 10:30:08 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using RT 4.0.10 (on a test machine) and I'm testing the extension
ExtractCustomFieldValues to insert a value to a custom field (Select type
with a list of 4 values).

The incoming mail contains the value :
   Type du ticket->Incident

the template contains :
   Type du ticket|Body|Type du ticket->(.+)$|q|

then The ticket is created, and displays on the main page :
   Type du ticket: 	Incident

but when I modify the ticket (the basics), on the list of values of this CF,
the blue line is set on (no information) and not on Incident.

So if I want to modify any field there, I must re-select the value Incident
before saving, otherwise it's lost.

For example, the history of the ticket shows  :
- at the creation of the ticket :
   The RT System itself - Type du ticket Incident added
- after modifying :
   '/the name of the owne/r' - Type du ticket Incident removed

With CF using type Freeform there is no problem, the value is correctly
inserted at creation time.

I've been searching for a while, I suppose it's simple, but even after some
holidays, I still don't find the reason why the correct value is not
selected.

Let me know if more information is needed.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Elisabeth