[rt-users] Global RT at a Glance not taking effect

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 30 09:48:55 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 09:47:56PM +0100, Guy Baxter wrote:
>    On 29 August 2013 21:37, Kevin Falcone <[1]falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>
>      On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:34:14PM +0100, Guy Baxter wrote:
>      > Hi all,
>      > I've got an issue with RT at a glance global configuration not working. I want only
>      > "Dashboards" to be visible on the homepage after a user logs in.
>      > I've set the following in tools > configuration > Global > RT at a Glance
>      > RT at a glance body: Dasboards
>      > RT at a glance: Summary: blank
>      > When logging in as root this applies fine.
>      > When logging in as any other users ( we use RT External Auth) it does not apply.
>
>      Do these users have their own homepage settings from previous
>      use/customization? You will need to reset that, or just clear their
>      homepage preferences in the Attributes table in the database.
>
>    No, they've never been able to set them "no permissions to set preferences" was the error they
>    got. How would I go about clearing the homepage preferences anyway?

As the relevant user - Settings -> RT at a Glance, although if they
don't have ModifySelf they may not be able to get there and you may
need to go look in the Attributes table for rows with a name of
Pref-HomepageSettings and then use /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-attributes-viewer
with the id of the row to see what user has an override.

-kevin