[rt-users] Installing RT with Oracle 11g: ERROR: as user 'rt': ORA-01017

Support support at pureview.com
Fri Dec 13 19:56:37 EST 2013

I need help installing RT with Oracle 11g as a backend database. Also I have
set the env for oracle.

I was able to to logon to Oracle using sqlplus using rt user name and rt
password. Any one can help me to initialize rt with oracle.

ERROR:  Failed to connect to dbi:Oracle:sid=rt;host=IP Address;port=1530 as
user 'rt': ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied (DBD ERROR:
OCISessionBeg

I know I testedfd the user fine and logon to sqlplus fine.

Thanks

My Server Info

RH 6 64bit

RT-4.2.1

--with-db-type=Oracle \

--with-db-database=rt \

--with-db-host=IP Address \

--with-db-port=1530 \

--with-db-dba=system \

--with-db-rt-user=rt \

--with-db-rt-pass=password at rt \

--with-web-user=apache \

--with-web-group=apache \

--with-rt-group=rt \

--prefix=/opt/rt4 \

--enable-graphviz \

--enable-gd \

--enable-gpg

[root at toldav:rt-4.2.1]# make initialize-database

/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib sbin/rt-setup-database
--action init --prompt-for-dba-password

In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to connect
to your  Oracle instance on IP Adddress (port '1530') as rt

Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database

password, just press return.

Password:

Working with:

Type:   Oracle

Host:   IP address ( Also I have try with localhost, fqdn and no host and it
did not work)

Port:   1530

Name:   rt

User:   rt