[rt-users] Reply text box slow to load

Marius Flage marius at ksat.no
Wed Dec 18 04:05:36 EST 2013

On 12/17/2013 08:26 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> While this confirms that something is taking a long time to load,
> the consistent 15 seconds on each request is quite odd, especially
> since larger files take mere milliseconds to download.
>
> Are you using JSMin?  How is your RT configured, etc, etc. If you
> can replicate these timings on issues.bestpractical.com it would be
> interesting.

I'm not sure if I'm using JSMin.. What is it? How do I determine that?

Basically what I did was upgrade from version 4.0.7 (the version
that's included in Debian Squeeze) to 4.2.1 from source. So I then
just took the database from that Debian installation and upgraded
that. The package installed is installed system-wide and the source
code is installed in /opt/rt4 .

The web is configured with the following configuration:

FastCgiServer /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi -processes 5 -idle-timeout 300

<VirtualHost *:80>
        Servername <fqdn for the server>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@<domain>

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

        DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
        <Location />
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all

            Options +ExecCGI
            AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
        </Location>

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/<fqdn>_access.log combined
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/<fqdn>_error.log

</VirtualHost>

Here's the /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set( $Timezone, 'Europe/Oslo');
Set( $rtname, '<fqdn>');
Set( $Organization, '<domain>');
Set( $WebDomain, '<fqdn>');
Set( $CorrespondAddress, '<primary email>');
Set( $CommentAddress, '<primary comment>');

Set( $WebPath, "");
Set( $WebBaseURL, "http://<fqdn>");

Set ($MessageBoxRichText, 1);

Set( $PreferRichText, true);
Set( $MaxInlineBody, 0);

Set( $DatabaseName, "rtdb");
Set( $DatabaseUser, "rt");
Set( $DatabasePassword, "<password>");
Set( $DatabaseHost, "localhost");

Set( %GnuPG,
        Enable => 1,
);

# You must install Plugins on your own, this is only an example
# of the correct syntax to use when activating them.
# Plugin( "RT::Extension::QuickDelete" );
# Plugin( "RT::Extension::CommandByMail" );

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::AdminConditionsAndActions));

Regarding the rest of the environment this is then running on Debian
Squeeze 6.0.7 in a virtual environment.

Do you need anything else?

- Marius