[rt-users] RT-Extension-Assets link

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 20 15:39:16 EST 2013

On 12/18/13 2:01 PM, JZ wrote:
> I am trying to figure out the best way to get a link created to an asset
> at the time a ticket is created.  I am using RT-Extension-Assets in RT
> 4.2, and am having trouble finding information regarding this extension
> and doing what I want to do.  I am having trouble making the connection
> from the requester to the asset.  I am hoping somebody can give me an
> idea how to proceed.

If you're working with the new RT-Extension-Assets release candidate
mentioned here:

http://blog.bestpractical.com/2013/09/rt-420rc5-released-assets-extension.html

then there are a few ways. The easiest is to search for the asset first.
Then from the asset display page the Actions menu has a "Create linked
ticket" action that will handle the linking.

If you already have a ticket, you can go to the links page and in Refers
To (or other) type "asset:4" and it will link to asset with the id 4.

As for connecting the requestor to the asset, they will likely have a
role on the asset like "Held By". If you add the UserAssets portlet to
the User Summary page, the assets will show up there. Details on this
config are in the README.

We'll have more docs when the official release comes out.