[rt-users] Modify ticket 'body' after extracting custom fields?

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 4 06:54:45 EST 2013

Am 30.01.2013 17:31, schrieb Roy McMorran:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm receiving incoming tickets from a web form.  Certain required form
> fields (e.g. operating system, asset tag, etc.) are being extracted into
> custom fields, and that's working well.
>
> I'd like to transform the ticket 'body' on creation (after the CFs are
> extracted) so that it only contains the free-form text from the
> 'Description' field that was provided by the form.  Can anyone suggest
> how I might approach that?
>
> Thanks!

I use an different approach.
My web form create an mail and I create for every custom fields an mail
header. Within RT I parse the mail header and set the custom field values.
The ticket create message doesn't contain the custom field values but I
can always take a look at the mail headers by "Show full header".

If you want to rewrite the ticket create message you have to take care
not to remove the wrong content.

Chris