[rt-users] how to make updates to already existing tickets or records reflected into indexes quickly

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 4 13:23:51 EST 2013

On 02/04/2013 08:58 AM, Subin wrote:
> If an edit/update happens to an *"existing"* ticket/document/row in
> the source database, how will this change get updated into indexes
> quickly? So according to this config, we will need to wait until
> the next time the 'main' is reindexed again, right? If true how
> can we have a workaround for this problem?
>
> Please excuse and let me know if I made any wrong assumptions
> here.

I'm not very familiar with the specifics of Arkadiusz Miskiewicz's
delta+main Sphinx setup, but understand the intent.  I think you're
imagining the RT database incorrectly.  Any updates to existing tickets
are stored as new rows in Transactions and Attachments tables the
database, and those new rows should be picked up by the delta index.
Once an individual Transaction/Attachment row is created, it's never
changed by RT.  This is why it doesn't matter that data in the main
index doesn't get updated more frequently.