[rt-users] Both 'subject' and 'body' of an email ticket searchable via RT's web interface?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 4 18:51:07 EST 2013

On 02/04/2013 03:36 PM, Subin wrote:
>    I'd like to fulltext search for patterns/words both in the 'subject' and 'body'of an email ticket
>    from the RT's web interface 'Search' box. Is it possible with the above configs of sql_query*? If
>    not please let me know what more should I need to add?

Most of the time true full-text indexing isn't needed for the Subject
since it's a normally indexed string with a max length.  I'd suggest
first approaching this by extending RT::Search::Googleish with an
overlay that instead of defaulting unknown and quoted words to Subject
searches, defaults them to Subject OR Content searches.  This will do
what you mean, and should be fairly simple.  I know we've done it for
support clients.  RT::Search::Googleish was written to be extensible
with minimal effort.

Thomas