[rt-users] ticket content not displaying via RT's web 'Search' but shows up with sphinx's 'search' binary

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 6 12:42:04 EST 2013

On 02/06/2013 02:42 AM, Subin wrote:
> So it seems that after an update is made and is indexed, it requires
> another update for the previously updated content to be available
> from RT's webUI search OR putting it in more specific terms: it
> requires another update so that '/SELECT DISTINCT...' /is also
> executed on AttachmentsIndex while searching for previously indexed
> content. What could possibly be the problem here?

The first query is selecting the number of rows that would match; when
RT sees that MySQL reports 0 rows, it doesn't bother to run the query
which fetches the actual ticket data.  It's not a bug that the second
query isn't run when the first returns 0.  The question is why does the
first query return 0, and I expect that's more MySQL and Sphinx related
than RT related.

It's not clear what you're reindexing when you run 'indexer'.  Are you
reindexing the main index or the delta index or both?

Do you have this problem if you don't use a delta index (i.e. is this
caused by the main+delta setup you're using for Sphinx)?