[rt-users] Ticket Image attach corruption

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 8 12:18:59 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 05:31 AM, Kevin Holleran wrote:
> I am a little confused about the removal of the 3.8 version.  I just set
> up a 3.8 because according to the documentation I saw, it was what was
> required for RT/IR add-on.  RT is nice, but the IR add-on is what drove
> us to adopt.
>
> Is this correct, that the IR update for RT 4.0 is not yet ready or did I
> install an older release unnecessarily?

Correct, RTIR 3.0 has not yet seen a production release, so to run RTIR
2.6 you need RT 3.8.  3.8 is still officially supported for now, so no
worries there, but it only gets the most serious fixes.  Once RT 4.2 is
out, I believe we'll be announcing an end-of-life date for 3.8 support,
but it won't happen immediately.

If you want to help get RTIR 3.0 out the door faster, we encourage you
to spin up a dev server and test out RTIR 3.0 from git + the latest RT
4.0 and report back with your experience to the RTIR mailing list.  This
will also help prep you for when you finally do get to upgrade
production. :)  (There are actually a few brave souls out there already
running the betas of RTIR in production.)

Thomas