[rt-users] Displaying times in local user's timezone (worldwide support)?

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Wed Feb 13 09:38:39 EST 2013

On 02/13/2013 10:17 PM, Christian Loos wrote:
> Am 13.02.2013 14:19, schrieb Craig Ringer:
>> Yes, yes I am. Inevitably, as soon as I posted this message I noticed
>> that there's a timezone field in the user table, though it isn't exposed
>> in the UI and is defined as "varchar(50)" with no CHECK constraint, so
>> it's not exactly clear what's supposed to go in it.
> If you go to "Logged in as ..." -> Settings -> "About me" you can set
> your own timezone in the Web UI.
Ah. It's displayed there, but not in the admin-accessible user
configuration page at Tools->configuration->users->(Select user) . I
didn't realise that the user-level one might have different (or more, at
least) fields to the admin one.

My apologies for the stupid question.

I was also hopelessly remiss in failing to report my RT version and
platform, something I should know better than. I'm using RT 4.0.7 on
Debian 6.0.6, with RT installed via Debian backports. I'm considering
updating to 4.0.10 soon.

I'm hoping other members of the team will have some updates to the
Spanish .po files to send in soon, since we'll be focusing significantly
on Spanish support. Would Spanish versions of the default templates be
useful too?

Anyway, sorry for the waste of time. PEBKAC, ID10T error.
> In etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm you can set the global RT Server timezone. Look
> at http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT_Config.html#Timezone for
> more infos.
Yes, the default timezone is set to UTC in RT_SiteConfig .pm by

    Set($Timezone, "UTC");

That's in the basic documentation and that part is fine.