[rt-users] RT 3.8.9 Installation

Martin mworia.martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:30:46 EST 2013

Paul Fincher <pfincher <at> ghs.com> writes:

> Kevin,
>
>     Thanks you are right.  I had written down that I changed the schema
> (from when installing 3.8.8 when I went digging through the list and found
> the solution) but didn't make note of when or where I changed them.
>
> Thanks again!
> Paul
Falcone
> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:06 PM
> To: rt-users <at> lists.bestpractical.com
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT 3.8.9 Installation
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 05:31:44PM -0400, Paul Fincher wrote:
> >       I knew from my 3.8.8 install that I needed to change the schema from
> "TYPE=InnoDB" to
> >    "ENGINE=InnoDB" and I did that both in ./etc/schema.mysql-4.0 and
> ./etc/schema.mysql-4.1.  I
> >    am using mysql version 5.5.10 (I used 5.5.8 on my test machine).  Any
> insight would be
> >    appreciated
>
> I suspect you changed them after typing make install and that you actually
> need to fix /opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql-4.1
>
> -kevin

Hey Guys

I have searched all over for the fix for

Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.
Done.
Now populating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'TYPE=InnoDB  CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 15 at /tmp/rt-
3.8.10/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 516.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

i have already changed all instances of TYPE=InnoDB to ENGINE=InnoDB in my
/opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql-4.1

but the error persists.

i am trying to install rt 3.8.10 on ubuntu 12.04
mysql version is 5.5.29

Perhaps if someone has an idea how i can fix this i would really appreciate the
help