[rt-users] Dashboard Custom Configurations

Raymond Corbett Raymond.Corbett at arcproductions.com
Thu Feb 14 11:37:50 EST 2013

Hello all,  I am new to RT but really enjoying it.    I wander if this is possible to set up.   To make explanation easy lets say I have 3 Departments called:

*         Dept 1

*         Dept 2

*         Dept 3

I create three new Dashboards and call them Dept 1, Dept 2 and Dept 3 respectively saving them as RT System's Dashboards.

When a user logs in, the Dashboard Portal list all three of these.   That works fine.   And the user can select for example the Dept 1 Dashboard.

That is where my real question begins.   So lets assume we not see the Dept 1 Dashboard

Can I have:

1)   The Quick Search Portal list only Dept 1 Queues.   Currently it lists all Queues   Or list only a particular Queues that I want it to rather then all Queues that exist.

2)  The Saved Searches Portal list only saved searches set up for Dept1.   Perhaps we have say 3 custom searches saved for Dept1. Currently is list all saved searches.
I assume is that because it looks in a Saved Searches directory and lists everything it finds there.  I guess maybe I am asking if it could look into a subdirectory there only.

With the saved searches, it seems if I save them with privacy being  RT System's  that all users can see them listed which makes sense.   And it would seem logical then that all are listed.
The problem with not saving them as RT System's privacy that other team members don't see them. Just me.

Anyone?

[ARC]<http://www.arcproductions.com/>

Ray Corbett  Technology Projects Manager

p: 416.682.5200 x5232  | f: 416.682.5209
Arc Productions Ltd. | 230 Richmond Street East | Toronto, ON M5A 1P4
www.arcproductions.com<http://www.arcproductions.com>