[rt-users] URL Error after upgrading to rt4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 14 17:49:17 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:29:30PM +0000, Rolf Krogstad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created a new server (RedHat 5.9 64-bit) and am running the latest
> version of MySQL and RT 4.0.10.   The old server was RT 3.6.6

There were some bugs in early 3.6 RTs where it would store the full
URL so /rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__ rather than
/__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__

> With one user I can go in and select a ticket and it opens fine with the URL:
> http://v20labtrack/Ticket/Display.html?id=2973
>
> If I log in as a different user it generates this URL which comes up with
> a "page not found" error:
> http://v20labtrack/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=2973

This implies some users have a version of the Format for the search
that includes __WebPath__ and some include /rt3/ literally.

There's a new branch that adds an upgrade script
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/5d887addad62c4da580a651df8c94bd8cdb0fbb8
You can grab that script and try running it on a development copy of
your data and see if it properly repairs the links for you.

Try it out and let us know how it goes?  The branch needs review and
merging, but test results from the field are really helpful.

-kevin