[rt-users] Permissions Questions

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 23:09:05 EST 2013

Ray,

Yep. It also depends on where you saved those group searches and the
"Group" permissipns you gave to members of those groups. Group permissions
are different than Queue/Ticket permissions.

For example, you could give members of Group 2 the rights to see/modify,
load, etc Group2 searches but NOT give those rights to members of the other
groups. Then Ray, being a member of all 3 groups, would only see the
searches saved under Group2.

If those searches are all the same, then you could save those searches are
RT Global searches and NOT saved as Group searches and then Ray would only
see them once.

It really boils down to how you have your Queues and Groups set up. If you
segregate enough, you can create groups that are combinations of other
groups and then grant rights appropriately. There's all kindsof
configurations you can play with if you set up the Queues/Groups
relationships correctly.

I could answer more definitively if I knew what groups need to see what
information in what Queues. The kinds of overlaps in information and
searches, etc.

Hope this helps.

Kenn