[rt-users] Installing RT4.0 and RT 3.8 on same system

Ken Towne kmtowne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:19:35 EST 2013

I am trying to install a version of RT4.0.10 and RT3.8.16 w/RTIR so that we
can evaluate which framework would work best with our team. I installed RT4
successfully but after following all the directiosn for RT3.8 I receive the
following error:

Wrong version of RT  found; need 3.8.* at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line
163.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 218) line 1.\n
Action 'configtest' failed.

I've made sure to use separate databases for the two instances. RT4 is
installed to /opt/rt4 and RT3 is installed to /opt/rt3.

Any luck with having both versions running on the same machine?

--
- Ken

--
- Ken