[rt-users] Redacting details from ticket emails?

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Wed Feb 27 20:15:38 EST 2013

Hi all

I've noticed a feature we've come to rely on in Eventum, our old support
system, that I can't seem to find in RT. It must've come up for people
here so I'm wondering how you handle it.

Sometimes customers send passwords and other details in by email. We
don't want those floating around unencrypted in our database history, so
we usually redact them from the email or delete the whole email from the
ticket history via the web UI.

There doesn't appear to be a facility for doing this in RT's UI. Will I
need to write an extension for this? Seems like it going by:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/99401
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/devel/79279

but the latter includes a hint on how to go about it. If I get the
chance to turn this into a nice extension with overlay I'll publish it
and reply here.

BTW, is there an RT Essentials update coming for RT4?