[rt-users] Tickets links are lost after upgrade to 4.0.9

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 28 11:33:34 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 09:11:51PM +0000, olavo wrote:
> We recently upgraded from ver 3.6 to ver. 4.0.9,and one of the things a we
> noticed was that old ticket links are lost and we can no longer see the
> references in history of each ticket.
>
> The links are probably lost due to change in Organisation name change. Is there
> a easier way to fix this? Links created subsequently work just fine.

We added a --fix-links option to the 4.2 version of rt-validator,
however we've run it on 4.0 installs without trouble.

You can grab
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/master/sbin/rt-validator.in
using the raw link and copy it into your unpacked 4.0.9 tarball
over the top of the existing sbin/rt-validator.in
Rerun configure (the incant is saved in /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm if
you've forgotten it) and then read ./sbin/rt-validator --help for the
links only code.

As always, make sure you have a current working backup before running
the validator.

-kevin